In today’s world, it’s crucial that we equip our children with the tools they need to stay safe. Yet, many caring adults simply don’t know where to begin.
Written for educators and parents by a prevention education expert, Body Safety for Young Children is the comprehensive guide you need to navigate this complex and sensitive issue. Author Kimberly King takes the fear out of sexual-abuse prevention and makes it child-friendly and approachable, so you can confidently communicate with children and protect them from harm.
Packed with extraordinary stories, prevention skills, talking points, and what-if scenarios, this compassionate resource book is the ultimate toolkit for educators and families looking to prevent child sexual abuse. From body-safety lessons to social-media safety, the practical guide covers everything you need to know to keep children safe and informed. The tips, themes, shareable resources, and book suggestions in this guide will help you build a strong foundation of body-safety skills and provide simple safety strategies that work.
• Discover how to arrange a classroom for safety.
• Discover how to create safety circles of trusted adults.
• Learn how to teach child-friendly body- safety techniques and code words.
• Find out why using correct “doctor words” for body parts is so important.
• Learn who typical child sexual abusers are. (Hint: It’s almost never the “man in the van.”)
top of page